1978 – Tom Hullar
- Learning to skate as a toddler (at the Clinton Arena) with mother Liz Buckley Hullar, who learned to skate on the outdoor village rink in the 1930s
- Countless hours playing pond hockey with brothers John and Chris and the Bristol Road gang
- Frozen toes and fingers at 7 a.m. practices at Sage on Sunday mornings in sub zero temps, playing (house and travel) youth hockey
- Playing Squirt Nationals in Detroit in 1972 (finishing 4th) after winning the NYS Championship in Lake Placid
- Playing on 2 consecutive Sectional Championship teams in 1978 and 1979 to a packed Clinton Arena. Joe Cittadino roused the crowd in a gorilla suit in ‘78.
– Tom Hullar